- 1 How do you cut ceramic tile under cabinets?
- 2 Can you tile around kitchen cabinets?
- 3 How do you retile a kitchen floor without removing cabinets?
- 4 Do you have to remove tile under kitchen cabinets?
- 5 Can I cut tile with an oscillating tool?
- 6 Do you tile under the toilet or around it?
- 7 How do you tell if tile is under cabinets?
- 8 In what order do you remodel a kitchen?
- 9 Can I change kitchen floor without removing cabinets?
- 10 Do you put new flooring under kitchen cabinets?
- 11 How can I update my kitchen tiles without removing them?
- 12 Do toe kicks go in before or after flooring?
- 13 How do you cut a toe kick?
- 14 How do you remove baseboards from under cabinets?
How do you cut ceramic tile under cabinets?
ANSWER – You don’t need to remove your cabinets. You should use a wet saw with a diamond blade to cut to the cabinets, but leave a 1/4″ wide open joint between the tile and cabinet for expansion. Fill (caulk) that 1/4″ joint with a 100% silicone or a urethane sealant that meets ASTM C920.
Can you tile around kitchen cabinets?
A properly engineered and planned tile installation can be completed successfully either before or after the cabinets are installed, whether the substructure is concrete or wood.
How do you retile a kitchen floor without removing cabinets?
If you want to replace your kitchen floor or wall tiles without removing the cabinets, you’ll need a power tool, such as an oscillating or rotary saw, that allows you to make cuts flush to the cabinets’ edge.
Do you have to remove tile under kitchen cabinets?
You can remove kitchen tiles without removing cabinets. It’s possible to replace kitchen tiles on the floor or wall without removing cabinets, even if they’re built on top of old tiles. The trick is cutting the tile around the cabinets using the proper tools.
Can I cut tile with an oscillating tool?
You can use an oscillating tool instead to substitute all of them. Tile cutting requires tile nipper, tile cutter, tile file, and even a driller sometimes. Without a tile cutter, the best remedy is to use an oscillating tool other than tools like a saw.
Do you tile under the toilet or around it?
To install tile properly around the toilet, you need to affix it to the floor under the fixture. Because toilets sit on top of tile, any rough cuts are hidden, making it easy to achieve the appearance of tile that has been custom-cut for your bathroom.
How do you tell if tile is under cabinets?
If the kitchen has tile, look at the grout lines. If the tiles are cut to fit next to the cabinets with a grout line between, then the tile does not go under. Sometimes you can tell by looking under the dishwasher. Most have a plate that either moves or can be unscrewed.
In what order do you remodel a kitchen?
When you’re ready to put the remodeled kitchen back together, we recommend this order of steps to complete your renovation:
- Configure plumbing and electrical.
- Paint the room.
- Install new flooring.
- Add kitchen cabinets.
- Install countertops.
- Place large appliances.
- Fasten cabinet hardware.
- Put in the backsplash.
Can I change kitchen floor without removing cabinets?
Yes, you can replace your floor without taking out the cabinets. Remove the toe kick and put in your new floors. Don’t remove the kitchen unless your really need a new kitchen.
Do you put new flooring under kitchen cabinets?
Typically Cabinets Come Before Flooring. In most cases, given standard flooring heights, you will install the cabinets before the floor covering. The floor covering will be cut to size and almost butted up against the cabinets. A minimal gap should be left between the flooring and the cabinets.
How can I update my kitchen tiles without removing them?
Use decorative panels to cover wall tiles without removing them
- Wooden decorative panels: perfect to bring nature, relax and personality to the wall.
- Imitation brick panels: ideal for giving a New York touch to the kitchen.
- Decorative stone panels: combine them with plants and flowers to accentuate their presence.
Do toe kicks go in before or after flooring?
I’ d go with after because if you put the toe kick in first, crud, food particles, and the like will have a nice little crack to fall into and get stuck, but if the toe kick covers the floor, the food particles will land on the floor, easier cleaning.
How do you cut a toe kick?
A few tips on cutting toe kick:
- Cut once, measure twice and try fitting the toe kick after each cut.
- Use a sharp blade: The back of some toe kick ends will be seen after installation.
- Avoid 45-degree cuts on inside corners.
- Cut the toe kick laying flat on the miter saw with the finished side up.
How do you remove baseboards from under cabinets?
How to Remove a Toe Kick From Base Cabinets
- Position the end of the pry bar between the top of the quarter-round molding and the toe kick board. Tap the pry bar with a hammer to loosen the molding from the toe kick.
- Find a joint or an end for the toe kick to start prying.
- Loosen the toe kick board across its length.