- 1 Can you use tile as a chair rail?
- 2 Can you miter cut ceramic tile?
- 3 How high should chair rail tile be?
- 4 Can you put tile trim on after tiling?
- 5 How do you hide the edges of tile?
- 6 Are chair rails out of style?
- 7 What can I use instead of a chair rail?
- 8 Should wallpaper go above or below chair rail?
- 9 Do you need a wet saw to cut ceramic tile?
- 10 Can you cut tile with a regular saw?
- 11 Does chair rail add value?
- 12 Are chair rails still popular?
- 13 Does chair rail have to match baseboards?
Can you use tile as a chair rail?
2. Tiles chair railing. As mentioned above, chair railings prevent chairs from crashing into the wall and leaving dents, chips, and scratches. If you wanted to get the job done with tile, use some great bold ceramic tiles or a nice array of slate to accomplish the same feel but with hardier results.
Can you miter cut ceramic tile?
Most tile installations rely upon the use of a tile wet saw. However, if you don’t have the money to rent or buy one but you have a miter saw handy, you can purchase a diamond or carbide blade for your miter saw to cut the tiles for your project. Cut an angle on a tile, using the miter feature on the miter saw.
How high should chair rail tile be?
“ About 28 to 32 inches is an optimum range for chair rail height,” says Hull. “Lower is always better than higher.
Can you put tile trim on after tiling?
If you are going to use a trim to finish your edges, we recommend matching the colour and material trim with the actual tile before you begin installing. When measuring this, you must account for the use of adhesive when laying your tile, so choosing a trim one size up from the depth of your tile is key!
How do you hide the edges of tile?
4 Easy Ways to Finish Tile Edges
- Caulk the Edge. This is the easiest and most cost-effective solution.
- Rail Moldings. Coordinating tile moldings in natural stone and porcelain are usually readily available.
- Metal Edges. Metal edges are available in a wide array of styles and finishes.
- Create a Bullnose Edge.
Are chair rails out of style?
The chair rail is weak. It is not a dated look, this is just not executed well, especially considering the beautiful soffeted ceiling and the width of your crown moulding. Consider complete panelling below the chair rail: wainscoting or bead board would be a beautiful look.
What can I use instead of a chair rail?
Chair Rail Alternatives
- Ribbon. Use ribbon as a chair rail alternative by adhering it with a thin coating of wallpaper glue.
- Paint Shades and Patterns.
- Vinyl Appliqués.
- Decorative Buttons.
Should wallpaper go above or below chair rail?
Install a chair rail to divide the walls of a large room horizontally, then wallpaper only above or below this chair rail and paint the remainder.
Do you need a wet saw to cut ceramic tile?
While all tiles can be cut on a wet saw, you’ll get the best results from using a wet saw on the following materials: stone tiles, such as marble or granite; porcelain tiles; glass tiles, when the wet saw has been outfitted with a glass cutting blade; and commercial grade ceramic floor tiles.
Can you cut tile with a regular saw?
Shortly, the answer is yes. It can be cut with a traditional manual tile cutter or a wet tile saw. With the tile cutter, a specific scoring wheel gets a shallow cut in this material. This way, you can make the most of the brittle nature of ceramic, snapping the tile along the cored cut to finish.
Does chair rail add value?
Value! Of all the home improvements you can make, chair rail is one of the least demanding in terms of cost and labor. Studies have shown that installing moldings (like crown or chair rail) can have a positive impact on the selling price of a home.
Are chair rails still popular?
As plaster walls turned into wallboard and formal dining rooms lost their popularity, so too did chair rails fade from prominence. Chair rail molding is easy to install, and there are many styles to choose from. If you’re considering adding a chair rail to any room, here are some considerations to keep in mind.
Does chair rail have to match baseboards?
The trend in home design is to match the chair rail with the baseboard color. Like many creative pursuits, interior design has guidelines, but no hard and fast rules. The typical trend is to match your chair rail and baseboard colors, but playing with this trend the right way can also make a dramatic visual statement.