- 1 How do you cut ceramic tile around kitchen cabinets?
- 2 Can you replace kitchen tile without removing cabinets?
- 3 Why do people put tile under cabinets?
- 4 How do you redo a kitchen floor without removing cabinets?
- 5 Can I cut tile with an oscillating tool?
- 6 Do you put new flooring under kitchen cabinets?
- 7 How can I replace flooring without removing tiles?
- 8 How much does it cost to retile a kitchen floor?
- 9 Do you tile under the toilet or around it?
- 10 How do you tell if tile is under cabinets?
- 11 Can you put kitchen cabinets on top of tile flooring?
- 12 Can you run laminate flooring under cabinets?
- 13 Can you remove the toe kick from base cabinets?
- 14 Do I need to remove cabinets to install flooring?
How do you cut ceramic tile around kitchen cabinets?
- Attach a tile-cutting blade to the rotary or oscillating saw.
- Move to one end of the cabinet and place the blade flush against its edge.
- Work the power tool forward, allowing the blade to fully penetrate the tile.
- Break the tile away with a chisel and a hammer to expose the wall and or subfloor.
Can you replace kitchen tile without removing cabinets?
You can remove kitchen tiles without removing cabinets. It’s possible to replace kitchen tiles on the floor or wall without removing cabinets, even if they’re built on top of old tiles. The trick is cutting the tile around the cabinets using the proper tools.
Why do people put tile under cabinets?
According to Cabinet Install: Before or After Tile, installing tile after the cabinets means that it’s easier to change your flooring later on without having to remove the cabinets.
How do you redo a kitchen floor without removing cabinets?
If you want to replace your kitchen floor or wall tiles without removing the cabinets, you’ll need a power tool, such as an oscillating or rotary saw, that allows you to make cuts flush to the cabinets’ edge. This feature allows you to place the cutting blade flush against a cabinet edge and cut straight down.
Can I cut tile with an oscillating tool?
You can use an oscillating tool instead to substitute all of them. Tile cutting requires tile nipper, tile cutter, tile file, and even a driller sometimes. Without a tile cutter, the best remedy is to use an oscillating tool other than tools like a saw.
Do you put new flooring under kitchen cabinets?
Typically Cabinets Come Before Flooring. In most cases, given standard flooring heights, you will install the cabinets before the floor covering. The floor covering will be cut to size and almost butted up against the cabinets. A minimal gap should be left between the flooring and the cabinets.
How can I replace flooring without removing tiles?
Options to Update Floor Tile Without Removing Them
- Installing a Vinyl Top.
- Clean the Grout Between the Tiles.
- Use a Tile Cleaner or Surface Cleaner.
- Use a Rug to Cover Old Tiles.
- Update Floor Tile Without Replacing Them by Resurfacing.
How much does it cost to retile a kitchen floor?
Tiling the kitchen floor typically costs: $975 to $1,950 for a standard kitchen (130 square feet) $1,380 to $2,760 for a larger kitchen (184 square feet)
Do you tile under the toilet or around it?
To install tile properly around the toilet, you need to affix it to the floor under the fixture. Because toilets sit on top of tile, any rough cuts are hidden, making it easy to achieve the appearance of tile that has been custom-cut for your bathroom.
How do you tell if tile is under cabinets?
If the kitchen has tile, look at the grout lines. If the tiles are cut to fit next to the cabinets with a grout line between, then the tile does not go under. Sometimes you can tell by looking under the dishwasher. Most have a plate that either moves or can be unscrewed.
Can you put kitchen cabinets on top of tile flooring?
If you are installing new cabinets and appliances during your kitchen renovation, it likely makes sense to install ceramic tile on the entire floor before you install the cabinets and appliances.
Can you run laminate flooring under cabinets?
When installing laminate flooring in kitchens and bathrooms, you cannot place cabinets or any hardware that is meant to be bolted permanently to the floor on the laminate. Installing these items on top of your new flooring will cause pressure and not let the flooring expand and contract to temperature changes.
Can you remove the toe kick from base cabinets?
Use a simple claw hammer and a pry bar to remove the toe kick. When replacing the flooring or remodeling your base cabinets, it is often necessary to remove the toe kick. Removing the toe kick from base cabinets is a relatively simple matter of prying the boards away from the cabinet.
Do I need to remove cabinets to install flooring?
If you want to install linoleum or wood laminate flooring (also known as a “floating floor”) this can typically be done without removing cabinets; just get as close as you can to the cabinets using whole panels and then cut the linoleum or laminate pieces as needed so that they abut neatly against the cabinet base.